The Sykesville Main Street Association (SMSA) consists of five teams of volunteers which meet once a month. All of our teams are OPEN for volunteers. Make a difference, and get involved!
- The Design committee works to enhance the physical appearance of downtown and Main Street.
- The Organization committee builds consensus and cooperation within the SMSA, recruits volunteers, facilitates the website and newsletter, and fundraises.
- The Promotion committee markets the downtown Main Street district by planning events and in-store promotions.
- The Economic committee works to strengthen and expand the district’s economic base.
- The Clean, Green and Safe committee helps with sustainability and green options for our downtown.
Learn more about the Committees of the Sykesville Main Street Association.
Volunteer at an Event
We always need volunteers at our many events and projects. If you would like to receive notification of volunteer opportunities, please email us MainStreet@Sykesville.net or give us a call at 410-795-8959.
The Sykesville Community Garden is a small, sustainable, educational garden with the aim to bring community together, teach children where their food comes from, and experiment with creative, sustainable gardening methods of growing fresh fruits and vegetables.
There is no charge to be a member of the community garden, though donations are always welcome. It is a volunteer, honor-system-based garden. Take what you need and have worked for and leave enough for others. For more information please email Sykesville Community Garden or “like” our Facebook Page.
Are you interested in sponsoring one of our many annual Main Street events? Becoming an event sponsor provides a variety of benefits for you and your organization. All sponsors receive a variety of promotional offerings designed to meet your needs. To become a sponsor, please contact us via email at MainStreet@Sykesville.net or contact us by phone 410-795-8959.
Your sponsorship helps us continue to hold the quality events that bring our community together.
Our Annual Events
- Fine Art & Wine Festival
- First Fridays
- Farmers Markets
- Chili Cook Off and Beer Festival
- Harvest Festival
- Merry Main Street
- Ice Fest
- …and more!
We are often looking for local artists, crafters, food vendors and more for our events! Please visit our Vendor Information page to learn more.
We are currently raising money for the following projects:
- Main Street Town Square/Community Gathering Park
- Improved Downtown Lighting
- Public Art
- Additional Recycle/Trash Receptacles for Main Street
- Cafe tables and chairs for our sidewalks to encourage outdoor dining
- Holiday Decor and Lighting
The purpose of this Fund it to support the Sykesville Main Street Association in it’s participation in Main Street Maryland, a comprehensive downtown revitalization program created by the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development. The Community Foundation of Carroll County, Inc. will house and invest funds donated by individuals and businesses collect vendor fees, ticket fees merchandise sales fees, in kind donations, raffle and fund raising donations for the revitalization efforts of Main Street, Sykesville, Maryland, as well as grants applied for and received for this purpose.
We are a tax-exempt organization under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions are tax deductible to the maximum amount allowable for gifts to a public charity.